Video answer: An angel foretells christ's birth to mary
Top best answers to the question «Who did mary visit when she was pregnant with jesus»
Visitation, the visit, described in the Gospel According to Luke (1:39–56), made by the Virgin Mary, pregnant with the infant Jesus, to her cousin Elizabeth. At the sound of Mary's greeting, the pregnant Elizabeth felt the infant St.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Who did mary visit when she was pregnant with jesus?» often ask the following questions:
❔ Who was with mary when jesus died?
The synoptic gospels are ambiguous about who was with Mary at the time of Jesus' death, but she seems to have watched from afar off. John's Gospel provides more certainty, having her at the foot of the cross with a disciple and several of the women: In Matthew's Gospel, many women were watching from afar off, including Mary, mother of James and Joses. Since James and Joses were the brothers of Jesus, this Mary was also the mother of Jesus. Many women were with Mary, including Mary Magdalene and the mother of Zebedee's children (Matthew 27:55-56). Mark's Gospel similarly says that there were women afar off, but some English translations call James, "James the Less," a term that could apply to the brother of Jesus but could also apply to another James. In this case, since he had a brother called Joses, he was probably the brother of Jesus and Mary was therefore the mother of Jesus. So, many women were with Mary, including Mary Magdalene and Salome (Mark 15:40). In Luke's Gospel, the acqauintances of Jesus and the women who had come from Galilee watched from afar off. This appears to include Mary, who is here accompanied by Jesus' acquaintances as well as by the other women. (Luke 23:49) In John's Gospel, Mary stood at the foot of the cross with her sister, also called Mary (the wife of Cleophas), Mary Magdalene and the 'disciple whom Jesus loved'. The disciple is never identified, but a second-century tradition is that he was the apostle John. (John 9:25-26)
- Who was the woman with mary when jesus was crucified?
- Did jesus have children with mary magdalene?
- When was mary magdalene healed by jesus?
❔ Was jesus married with mary magdalene?
- Jesus married the prostitute Mary Magdalene and had children, according to a manuscript almost 1,500 years old unearthed at the British Library. The so-called "Lost Gospel", which has been...
- Did jesus have a relationship with mary magdalene?
- Did mary magdalene have a baby with jesus?
- Where did jesus live with martha and mary?
❔ When did mary magdalene meet jesus?
Mary Magdalene is first mentioned in Luke 8:2 as being someone out of whom Jesus cast seven demons. Presumably this was the first time they met.
- Which mary washed jesus feet with her tears?
- Why did jesus weep with mary of bethany?
- What did mary do when jesus was crucified?
Video answer: Gabriel visits mary
We've handpicked 28 related questions for you, similar to «Who did mary visit when she was pregnant with jesus?» so you can surely find the answer!Which gospel does mary escape to egypt with jesus?
Why did Joseph take Mary and Jesus to Egypt?
- Matt. 2:13-18 Joseph is warned by an angel in a dream to take Jesus and Mary to Egypt to escape King Herod’s wrath (see 3 on Map 4). They escape by night, just before Herod orders the murder of all baby boys born in and around Bethlehem during the last two years.
In Matthew's Gospel, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to the tomb of Jesus. An angel met them outside and said that Jesus was risen. In Mark's Gospel, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James and Salome went to the tomb of Jesus. The stone was already moved and a young man met them inside the tomb and said that Jesus was risen. In Luke's Gospel, Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James and other women went to the tomb. Two men in shining garments met them inside. In John's Gospel, Mary Magdalene was alone when she went to the tomb early in the morning. Seeing the stone moved aside, she returned immediately without meeting anyone or looking inside. After the disciples came to look and had left, Mary Magdalene was again outside the tomb when she met Jesus, whom she mistook for the gardener.
The specific answer required appears to be Salome, as told in Mark's Gospel. The other gospels do not mention her, although her presence is possible in Luke.
- Matthew's Gospel Only Mary Magdalene and the other Mary, presumably Mary mother of James, went to see the tomb. They ran back to tell the disciples.
- Mark's Gospel Salome went to the tomb with Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of James.
- Luke's Gospel The women who came with Jesus from Galilee and certain others went to the tomb. Luke does not tell us who the women were. In this version, Peter came to the tomb after hearing from the women.
- John's Gospel Only Mary Magdalene went to the tomb. In this version, Peter and the disciple whom Jesus loved came Peter came to the tomb after hearing from Mary Magdalene.
In other words, if we assume that Jesus was Mary's first child, then she probably would have been somewhere between fourteen and twenty years old when she gave birth to him. Jesus's father, however, would probably not have been much older than his mother.When was the gospel of mary written by jesus?
- It has been estimated to have been written or copied between 120 AD to 180 AD. The authenticated manuscript illustrates a deeper spiritual relationship between Jesus and Mary, along with some confidential teachings of Jesus not discussed in other Gospels.
Video answer: Angel visits mary | jesus tales | stories of jesus christ | 4k videoDid mary magdalene anoint jesus?
- During the Middle Ages, Mary Magdalene was conflated in western tradition with Mary of Bethany and the unnamed "sinful woman" who anoints Jesus's feet in Luke 7:36-50, resulting in a widespread but inaccurate belief that she was a repentant prostitute or promiscuous woman.
AnswerThe answer depends on which gospel you use as a reference.Mark's Gospel, followed by Matthew and Luke, say that Mary watched from a safe distance, well away from the crucifixion.John's Gospel says that Mary stood at the foot of the cross with 'the disciple whom Jesus loved'.
Video answer: Angel visits mary | jesus tales | bible stories | 4k videoWas mary magdalene jesus' lover?
- It is clear from the Gospels that Mary Magdalene had a great love for Jesus. She had been freed by him from possession by seven devils, had followed him as a disciple, ministering to him from her means (Luke 8:2-3), and had been with Mary, the Mother of Jesus and the other women when Jesus was crucified (Mark 15:40-41).
According to the apocryphal Gospel of James, Mary was the daughter of Saint Joachim and Saint Anne. Before Mary's conception, Anne had been barren and was far advanced in years.Why jesus called mary woman?
Jesus is not being disrespectful to His mother by calling her woman. He is alluding to the beginning of Genesis, the part with the fall. Before the fall, Eve was also called woman. Since Jesus is the New Adam, his mother Mary is the New Eve. Jesus is contrasting Eve's disobedience with Mary's obedience.
Video answer: An angel visits mary and joseph - a faith kids bible story videoWhere did joseph take jesus and mary when herod wanted to kill jesus?
In Matthew's Gospel, Joseph fled to Egypt with Jesus and Mary, and remained there until Herod died. However, in Luke's Gospel, Joseph, Jesus and Mary did not go the Egypt. They travelled to Herod's capital, Jerusalem, shortly after the birth then returned peacefully to Nazareth in Galilee. For Luke, Herod had no interest in the baby Jesus.
- Mary was a virgin when she gave birth to Jesus (Luke 1:34–38), but she was not a virgin permanently. The idea of the perpetual virginity of Mary is unbiblical. Matthew 1:25, speaking of Joseph, declares, “But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son.
- According to Matthew’s infancy narrative, Jesus was born in Bethlehem, not because of a census (which is Luke) but because Mary and Joseph lived there. And after the angel informed him of Herod’s death, Joseph settled in Galilee rather than returning to his home in Bethlehem in Judea.
- She travels to visit Elizabeth (Luke 1:39), stays with her for three months (Luke 1:56), and sings the Magnificat (Luke 1:46-55). She is the dedicated mother, traveling to Bethlehem while pregnant, giving birth to Jesus, wrapping him in swaddling clothes, and placing him in a manger (Luke 2:5-7).
In Matthew's Gospel, Joseph considered putting Mary away privily (privately) to avoid the embarrassment of being cuckolded, but an angel came to him in a dream. In Luke's Gospel, the angel had already appeared to Mary and forewarned her of the impending event, so there was no reason for Joseph to consider putting Mary away privily.
The Gospels of Matthew and Mark say that Mary Magdalene was among the women who watched form afar off; none of the acquaintances of Jesus was actually at the crucifixion. Luke's Gospel is similar, although it only says that the women watched from afar off. John's Gospel says that Mary the mother of Jesus was actually at the crucifixion, but does not mention Mary Magdalene or any other women.
No, Mary Magdalene was a disciple of Our Lord but not related to Him.
- Another poignant moment indicates that Mary Magdalene was not Jesus' wife. John 19:25 records, "Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother, his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene." However, of all of the women there, Jesus singles out only His mother in the next passage:
Video answer: Here's what nobody told you about mary and josephWas mary present at jesus baptism?
There is no record in the Gospel accounts that Mary was present when Jesus was baptised in the River Jordan.
AnswerAll the gospels agree that Mary was in Jerusalem at the time of the crucifixion. Where they differ is in whether Mary stood afar off or at the foot of the cross. The earliest of the gospels, The Gospel According to St Mark, says that women looked from afar off: among them, Mary. The Gospel According to St Matthew also says that women looked from afar off: among them, Mary and Mary Magdalene. The Gospel According to St Luke says that those of his acquaintance stood afar off with the women.The Gospel According to St John says that the mother of Jesus, her sister (also called Mary) and Mary Magdalene stood by the cross with the disciple whom he loved.Catholic Answer:As per John 19:25"Now there stood by the cross of Jesus His mother, and His mother's sister, Mary [the wife] of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene."Most Catholic scholars agree that Mary of Clopas was a sister in law of Mary and Clopas (or Cleophas) was the brother of Saint Joseph.
- Yes , Mary recognized Jesus when he first appeared to her. After Jesus' greeting three times the word 'and' appears. The evangelists often used the word 'and' to step over a part of the occurrence (compare with John 20:14-17), which means that three activities have been omitted by Matthew.
- ● It is clear from the Gospels that Mary Magdalene had a great love for Jesus. She had been freed by him from possession by seven devils, had followed him as a disciple, ministering to him from her means (Luke 8:2-3), and had been with Mary, the Mother of Jesus and the other women when Jesus was crucified (Mark 15:40-41).
- Mary was a 1st century Galilean Jewish woman of Nazareth, the wife of Joseph and the mother of Jesus, according to the canonical gospels and the Quran . According to Christian theology, Mary conceived Jesus through the Holy Spirit while still a virgin, and accompanied Joseph to Bethlehem, where Jesus was born.
- Typically, they claim that Mary Magadelene was Jesus’ mistress or wife and that Jesus had children. Their supposed proof is derived from the The Gospel of Philip and The Gospel of Jesus’ Wife. Critics who claim that the Gospel of Philip reveals that Mary Magdalene was the wife of Jesus reveal their own lack of scholarship.