Top best answers to the question «Where did jesus go after he came back to life»
In Acts of the Apostles, Jesus appeared to the apostles for forty days, and commanded them to stay in Jerusalem after which Jesus ascended to heaven, followed by the coming of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, and the missionary task of the early church.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Where did jesus go after he came back to life?» often ask the following questions:
❔ How long was jesus dead before he came back to life?
For Christians, the resurrection is the belief that Jesus came back to life three days after he died on the cross. The Gospel of Luke (24:1–9) explains how Jesus' followers found out that he had been resurrected: On the Sunday after Jesus' death, Jesus' female followers went to visit his tomb.
- Where did jesus live most of his life?
- Where was the life and toils of jesus filmed?
- Where did the apostles go after jesus died?
❔ Where did jesus go after resurrection?
- So, to offer a simple answer to your question, after Jesus was resurrected, he first went around Jerusalem teaching and encouraging his disciples, and then he went up into heaven. To answer what might be the question behind your question, he was able to do this because his resurrected body was not exactly flesh and blood.
- Where did jesus meet his disciples after his resurrection?
- Where did john the evangelist live after jesus died?
- What happened after jesus died?
❔ What does the bible say about jesus coming back to life?
- GOD'S WORD® Translation. He said to them, "Scripture says that the Messiah would suffer and that he would come back to life on the third day. New American Standard 1977. and He said to them, “Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and rise again from the dead the third day;
- What did jesus say when he came to galilee?
- Which gospel empasizes that jesus came for all people?
- Where did jesus go after he rose from the tomb?
We've handpicked 22 related questions for you, similar to «Where did jesus go after he came back to life?» so you can surely find the answer!Where did jesus go after the feast of the jews?
- In John 5, there is a story which takes place after "a feast of the Jews." What feast was this? After this there was a feast of the Jews, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. There are three holidays that include the obligation to go up to Jerusalem, Passover, Weeks and Tabernacles.
- A ragtag group of Jewish Jesus followers stayed in Jerusalem praying, many having left their jobs. And they waited. This tiny group of believers who likely relied on the generosity of a few patrons in Jerusalem. Then the Holy Spirit came fifty days after Jesus died. And Peter preached to a multitude who had gathered in Jerusalem.
Why are there four Gospels in the Bible?
- Each one tells us about Jesus, and at certain points they even tell us about the same incident in His life. But each one of the Gospels—Matthew, Mark, Luke and John—also gives us a portrait of Jesus, each revealing aspects of Jesus’ life and ministry that are important for us to know. Take, for example, the Gospel of Matthew.
- Mark is the second Gospel (an account of Jesus’ life and ministry) in the New Testament. Like the other Gospels, Mark records Jesus’ life: His miracles, betrayal, death, resurrection, and commission. However, Mark’s Gospel is very brief (nearly half as long as Luke) and focuses more on things Jesus did than things Jesus said.
- Mark’s Gospel is an early record of Jesus’ life, ministry, death and resurrection, but Mark isn’t mentioned as an eyewitness in any of the Gospel accounts. How did Mark get his information about Jesus? There are several historical clues:
- The story of Jesus' life as told by the apostle John, narrated by Christopher Plummer. The story of Jesus' life as told by the apostle John, narrated by Christopher Plummer. The story of Jesus' life as told by the apostle John, narrated by Christopher Plummer. For God loved the world So much...
- Verse 17: "Now when Jesus came, he found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb four days. 18Bethany was near Jerusalem, about two miles off, 19and many of the Jews had come to Martha and Mary to console them concerning their brother." Lazarus was buried on the same day of his death, and he had been dead four days.
- When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, "Lazarus, come out!". The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, "Take off the grave clothes and let him go.".
- John 3:16 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Where did the Magi come to visit Jesus?
- They probably came from Persia. The Magi could have come to visit weeks or even months after the shepherds visited, when Mary and Joseph had found accommodation in a house (verse 11). Some traditions refer to the Magi as kings.
- So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God. And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by accompanying signs.
- The very next passage in the gospel after the report of the birth of Jesus records the visit of the wise men to Bethlehem. The account is short and straightforward; but it does include a reference to an Old Testament prophecy which will be important in the interpretation.
- Spend time praying each day.
- Serve others.
- Study the Bible.
- Share God's word with other people.
- Resist temptation.
- Put God first.
- Don't put too much value in material things.
- Trust God's plan.
The 18 unknown years
Following the accounts of Jesus' young life, there is a gap of about 18 years in his story in the New Testament.
The five major milestones in the New Testament narrative of the life of Jesus are his Baptism, Transfiguration, Crucifixion, Resurrection and Ascension.What is the early life of jesus like?
- Luke 2:52 summarizes His early life by stating, "Jesus increased in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man.". The Bible is then silent on the life of Jesus after the age of twelve in Nazareth to about the age of thirty or His early thirties when He began His public ministry. The emphasis of all four Gospels is on Jesus as the Messiah.
- A Christian who wants to live his life as a testimony for Jesus will love God above all else and love others above himself. When a believer shares what Jesus has done in his life and serves God and others in tangible ways, he will increasingly reflect the life-giving power of Christ into a dark and dismal world.
The Gospel of LukeThere is very little written about Jesus' early life. The Gospel of Luke (2:41-52) recounts that a 12-year-old Jesus had accompanied his parents on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem and became separated. He was found several days later in a temple, discussing affairs with some of Jerusalem's elders. How long did jesus live after resurrection?
'ascent of Jesus') is the Christian teaching that Christ physically departed from Earth by rising into Heaven, in the presence of eleven of his apostles. According to the New Testament narrative, the Ascension occurred forty days after the resurrection.How long did lazarus live after jesus?
Lazarus of Bethany, also known as Saint Lazarus, or Lazarus of the Four Days, venerated in the Eastern Orthodox Church as Righteous Lazarus, the Four-Days Dead, is the subject of a prominent sign of Jesus in the Gospel of John, in which Jesus restores him to life four days after his death.What was the first church after jesus?
Shortly after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ (Nisan 14 or 15), the Jerusalem church is founded as the first Christian church with about 120 Jews and Jewish Proselytes (Acts 1:15), followed by Pentecost (Sivan 6), the Ananias and Sapphira incident, Pharisee Gamaliel's defense of the Apostles (5:34–39), the ...