Video answer: Saint peter's basilica, rome, italy
Top best answers to the question «What is italy main religion»
Although Roman Catholic is the dominant religion in Italy, the government respects freedom of religion and is starting to support many other religions. Due to Italy's long history with the Roman Catholic Church, there are some privileges that people of the Roman Catholic religion benefit from (World Trade Press).
What religions are most common in Italy?
- Christianity. Other Christian denominations include Orthodox,Jehovah's Witness,Protestant,and Methodists…
- Islam. Islam does not command a huge following as Christianity in Italy and is not recognized by the state.
- Buddhism. Buddhists in Italy account for only 0.4% of the total population…
Does Italy have any main religions?
- Population 62,007,540[July 2016 est.]
- Italian (official) English French Spanish German Other regional dialects
- Christianity (83.3%) No Religion (12.4%) Islam (3.7%) Other (0.6%)[2010 est.]
- Italian (92.0%) Romanian (1.81%) Asian (1.11%) North African (1.07%) Albanian (0.77%) Other (2.61%)[National Institute of Statistics,2014]
Video answer: What are the most atheist countries? | nowthis world