Top best answers to the question «How long did the disciples follow jesus»
Jesus' disciples spent three years following Him. They heard Him teach about God's Kingdom and witnessed Him perform many miracles. When they saw the Son of God nailed to a cross and die, they may have experienced feelings of abandonment.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «How long did the disciples follow jesus?» often ask the following questions:
❔ Did jesus' disciples violate sabbath by picking grain?
- When the Pharisees accuse Jesus’ disciples of violating Sabbath by picking grain, Jesus tells them: “Haven’t you read what David did when he and his companions were hungry? He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread – which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests.”
❔ How long did it take for jesus to appear to the disciples?
- And the disciples didn’t truly believe the Lord Jesus was Christ until He was resurrected three days after the crucifixion and then appeared to His disciples for 40 days. As we can imagine, most of the Jews at that time didn’t acknowledge that the Lord Jesus was the incarnate God.
❔ What did jesus say about follow me?
- And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him. Matthew 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
❔ What did jesus say to a group of disciples?
- To a group of disciples in the New World, a group anxious to be taught by him and even more anxious because he would soon be leaving them, he asked, “What manner of men ought ye to be?” Then in the same breath he gave this answer: “Even as I am” ( 3 Ne. 27:27 ).
❔ What did jesus say to the disciples that made them amazed?
- The disciples were amazed at His words. But Jesus *answered again and *said to them, “Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God! The chief priests and the scribes heard this, and began seeking how to destroy Him; for they were afraid of Him, for the whole crowd was astonished at His teaching.
❔ What did jesus tell his twelve disciples to do?
- Christ sent out his disciples to preach; he also empowered them with the Holy Spirit to prosper in their spiritual activities. The followers of Jesus Christ will perform signs and wonders to bear witness to their gospel evangelism. “Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases.
❔ What did simon peter say to the disciples of jesus?
- JOHN 18:25-27 25 Now Simon Peter stood and warmed himself. Therefore they said to him, “You are not also one of His disciples, are you?”
❔ What is the name of jesus disciples?
When morning came, he called his disciples to him and chose twelve of them, whom he also designated apostles: Simon (whom he named Peter), his brother Andrew, James, John, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James son of Alphaeus, Simon who was called the Zealot, Judas son of James, and Judas Iscariot, who became a ...
❔ Where did jesus go after he had spoken to the disciples?
- So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God. And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by accompanying signs.
We've handpicked 6 related questions for you, similar to «How long did the disciples follow jesus?» so you can surely find the answer!Where did jesus say make disciples of all nations?
- Countries or Nations? While the Gospel has gone to every political country in the world, when Jesus commanded His followers to "make disciples of all the nations" in Matthew 28:18-20, He was not referring to political nations such as Canada, Kenya, Russia, etc.
- Judas knew that Jesus and the disciples would go to a garden near Jerusalem and led the soldiers there, stating "Whoever it is I kiss, he is the one; take him into custody, and lead him away under guard.” Leading the group into the garden, Judas sees Jesus with his disciples and approaches him.
- Peter. Also known as Simon, Simon Peter, or Cephas (Rock), Peter was a gregarious, natural leader, and an obvious spokesperson for the twelve. Peter's name is mentioned far more in the New Testament than any other of the disciples. He was the older of the two brothers and the only married disciple. ( Luke 4:38) His wife was...
- If we assume that the traditional attributions are correct, only Matthew and John were actual disciples of Jesus. Mark and Luke were Gentile converts at Antioch. If the gospels were anonymous, any one of them could have theoretically been authored by one of the disciples of Jesus.
- Jesus calls us to be children of his Father. He calls us to be his disciples. Because Jesus has a unique role in God’s plan of salvation, he is more than an example. The best mirror we find in the Gospel accounts is not Jesus, but his disciples.
- And He sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to perform healing. Now after this the Lord appointed seventy others, and sent them in pairs ahead of Him to every city and place where He Himself was going to come. When they had approached Jerusalem and had come to Bethphage, at the Mount of Olives, then Jesus sent two disciples,