Video answer: God's story: paul
Top best answers to the question «How did paul follow jesus»
As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?" ... "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied. "Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do."
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «How did paul follow jesus?» often ask the following questions:
❔ How are the messages of jesus and paul different?
- The messages of Jesus and Paul were fundamentally different. Reconciliation of their messages cannot be done by harmonization. This is a fact we must accept. No one is helped by attempts to lessen the differences by declaring that the gospel is a salvation story for both Jesus and Paul. The differences remain.
❔ How did the disciples respond to jesus’ call to “follow me?
- The scriptures give us many examples of the disciples responding to Jesus’ call to “Follow Me.” Simon (Peter) and his brother Andrew moved quickly—immediately—to leave their fishing business and follow Jesus, offering their loyalty and receiving a new mission in life. Likewise, Matthew left his lucrative tax collecting career to follow the Lord.
❔ How long did the disciples follow jesus?
Jesus' disciples spent three years following Him. They heard Him teach about God's Kingdom and witnessed Him perform many miracles. When they saw the Son of God nailed to a cross and die, they may have experienced feelings of abandonment.
❔ What did jesus and paul do with shame?
- So, before we can see in Romans 1:16 that the gospel is the basis of Paul’s freedom from shame, we see that it was first the basis of his being shamed. The gospel does two things: It brings out shaming behavior in those who will not believe it. And it gives freedom from shame to those who do believe it. What Did Jesus and Paul Do with Shame?
❔ What did jesus say about follow me?
- And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him. Matthew 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
❔ What did paul say about people rejecting jesus?
- The apostle Paul made a similar statement to a group of gospel rejecters in Acts 28:23-27. Whatever the reasons why people reject Jesus Christ, their rejection has disastrous eternal consequences.
❔ What did paul write about the humanity of jesus?
- The apostle Paul wrote, “Who (Jesus), being in the form of God did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.”
❔ What does jesus look for when you follow him?
- But once we know Him and belong to Him, Jesus looks for evidence of a changed heart—substantiation of our life in Him, verification we are following Him. He looks for signs of life! And whether we are we eagerly waiting for His return —living with eternity in view.
❔ What does paul say about jesus?
In Philippians 2:6–11 Paul states that Christ Jesus was preexistent and came to earth: he “emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, being born in human likeness.” This sounds as if Jesus was a heavenly being who only appeared to be human.
Video answer: The spirituality of saint paul: following jesus by imitating paul
We've handpicked 6 related questions for you, similar to «How did paul follow jesus?» so you can surely find the answer!What was st. paul called by jesus?
Jesus called st. Paul ....err... well...st. Paul I guess
No Paul came after Jesus died on the cross.
Where does it say that Jesus told Matthew to follow him?
- Matthew 9:9 And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him. Matthew 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
- Also, the legalist’s pride motivates him to exalt himself in the sight of others by his outward behavior, again neglecting to see the corruption of his own heart. Thus legalism denies human depravity and exalts human ability. As such, it is opposed to the gospel of God’s grace. That’s why both Jesus and Paul clashed with the legalists.
- Jesus said this to tell how Peter would die and bring honor to God. Then he said to Peter, "Follow me!". (In saying this, Jesus was indicating the way in which Peter would die and bring glory to God.) Then Jesus said to him, "Follow me!". He said this to signify by what kind of death he would glorify God.
Video answer: How did apostle paul follow christ? (with english subtitles)Why did peter follow jesus?
- Answer: Peter followed Jesus first because his brother, Andrew, told him that he and John, Peter's fellow fisherman, had found the Messiah ( John 1:41-42 ), so initially he went out of curiosity. When he met Jesus, he was given a nickname, which indicated what kind of man he would become.