Video answer: Did mary & joseph have children, & did jesus have brothers & sisters?
Top best answers to the question «Did joseph and mary have children before jesus was born»
- Matthew makes clear that Joseph and Mary did not have children before Jesus’ birth (Matthew 1:24-25). However, the Bible tells us Jesus had several younger half-siblings, children of Joseph and Mary. Matthew names four brothers—James, Joses, Simon and Judas (Matthew 13:55). There were also at least two sisters (verse 56).
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Did joseph and mary have children before jesus was born?» often ask the following questions:
❔ Did jesus have a relationship with mary magdalene?
- We'll now address the fact that Mary Magdalene was a very special person in Jesus' life. Jesus and Mary Magdalene began their relationship in an unusual way - in ministry. Mary Magdalene was the recipient of God's grace on this particular day. Jesus cast seven demons out of her.
❔ Did mary magdalene anoint jesus?
- During the Middle Ages, Mary Magdalene was conflated in western tradition with Mary of Bethany and the unnamed "sinful woman" who anoints Jesus's feet in Luke 7:36-50, resulting in a widespread but inaccurate belief that she was a repentant prostitute or promiscuous woman.
❔ Did mary magdalene have a baby with jesus?
- No. Jesus never married and never had children. He was too busy with His mission of salvation. Mary Magdalene was his disciple because Jesus had healed her of demonic possession (there is no Biblical indication that she was a prostitute, BTW).
❔ How did mary and joseph find jesus in the temple?
- On the day of their return, Jesus "lingered" /stayed in the Temple, but Mary and Joseph thought that he was among their group when he wasn't. Mary and Joseph headed back home and after a day of travel realised Jesus was missing, so they returned to Jerusalem, finding Jesus three days later. He was found in The Temple in discussion with the elders.
❔ Was jesus born among the poor and rejected?
- The beautiful birth narrative of Jesus in Luke’s Gospel illustrates the complete kenotic act of God in Jesus, born amongst the poor and rejected, bringing good tidings of peace and goodwill to all. The Gospel of John, possibly the last of the Gospels to be produced, records the birth of Jesus in heavenly, if not spiritual terms and language.
❔ Was mary magdalene jesus' lover?
- It is clear from the Gospels that Mary Magdalene had a great love for Jesus. She had been freed by him from possession by seven devils, had followed him as a disciple, ministering to him from her means (Luke 8:2-3), and had been with Mary, the Mother of Jesus and the other women when Jesus was crucified (Mark 15:40-41).
❔ What did jesus say to mary and john?
Jesus, therefore, seeing his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing by, said to his mother: iWoman, behold thy son.; Then, he said to the disciple iBehold thy mother.; And from that hour the disciple took her to his own (home)… He is the obedient Son unto death, and death on the cross.
❔ What happened to mary after jesus was born?
The Sacred Tradition of Eastern Christianity teaches that the Virgin Mary died a natural death (the Dormition of the Theotokos, the falling asleep), like any human being; that her soul was received by Christ upon death; and that her body was resurrected on the third day after her repose, at which time she was taken up, ...
❔ Where did jesus live with martha and mary?
- He lived in Bethany, near Jerusalem, with his sisters, Martha and Mary. He and his sisters were quite close to Jesus. When Lazarus died of an illness, Jesus was called by his sisters and eventually resurrected him from the dead. This caused a lot of priests to connive against Jesus.
Video answer: Mary the mother of jesus
We've handpicked 6 related questions for you, similar to «Did joseph and mary have children before jesus was born?» so you can surely find the answer!Where did mary and joseph live when jesus was born?
- According to Matthew’s infancy narrative, Jesus was born in Bethlehem, not because of a census (which is Luke) but because Mary and Joseph lived there. And after the angel informed him of Herod’s death, Joseph settled in Galilee rather than returning to his home in Bethlehem in Judea.
Date and place of birth
The Gospels of both Matthew and Luke place the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem. The Gospel of Luke states that Mary gave birth to Jesus and placed him in a manger “because there was no place for them in the inn".
- The marriage at Cana. Cana, where Jesus performed his first miracle at a village marriage feast, was about three days’ journey on foot from the place where John the Baptist was preaching, and where Jesus was baptised. It was the scene of Jesus’ first miracle. It happened at a wedding to which Jesus, his mother Mary and some ...
- Central to their claim is that Joseph was actually Jesus — and that Aseneth was actually Mary Magdalene.
According to the apocryphal Gospel of James, Mary was the daughter of Saint Joachim and Saint Anne. Before Mary's conception, Anne had been barren and was far advanced in years.
Video answer: Why did mary remain a virgin after the birth of jesus?Why did joseph take mary and jesus to egypt?
- Matt. 2:13-18 Joseph is warned by an angel in a dream to take Jesus and Mary to Egypt to escape King Herod’s wrath (see 3 on Map 4). They escape by night, just before Herod orders the murder of all baby boys born in and around Bethlehem during the last two years.