Video answer: Did jesus use the septuagint? by david w. daniels
Top best answers to the question «Did jesus use the septuagint»
Conventional wisdom (politically correct theology and church history) states that Christ and the apostles routinely used the Septuagint (a Greek translation of the Old Testament done about 200 B.C.) as their daily Bible and quoted from it often in the New Testament.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Did jesus use the septuagint?» often ask the following questions:
❔ Is matthew closer to the septuagint or the hebrew bible?
- Some OT quotations in Matthew are closer to the Septuagint (ancient Greek translation of the OT) than to the Hebrew Bible (which is the basis of the NRSV-OT translation). Text (NRSV) Old Testament Source (NRSV)
- Did jesus father baptise jesus?
- Who plays jesus in 'jesus christ superstar'?
- Who sings the song that goes in the name of jesus jesus in the name of jesus jesus?
❔ How many books of the new testament are quoted from the septuagint?
- The Christians who were Inspired to write the 27 books of the New Testament quoted directly from both the Septuagint and the Hebrew scriptures in use at the Jerusalem Temple. 3. Septuagint quoted in the New Testament:
❔ Who sings the gospel song jesus jesus jesus?
Timothy Wright was the pastor at Grace Tabernacle Christian Center Church of God in Christ, located in the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn. He released more than a dozen gospel recordings, writing many of the songs. His latest album, "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus," came out in 2007.
Video answer: Did yeshua use the septuagint?
We've handpicked 26 related questions for you, similar to «Did jesus use the septuagint?» so you can surely find the answer!Who baptise jesus?
John the Baptist.
I think you mean 'baptized' but John the Baptist (Jesus' cousin) baptized Jesus. Remember John and John the Baptist were two diffrent people like Judas and Judas iscariot. Have a blessed day!
As told in the New Testament Gospels, Judas betrayed Jesus for "30 pieces of silver," identifying him with a kiss in front of Roman soldiers.Who followed jesus?
Many people who believed on him, including his disciples. See Matthew 14.13. When Jesus heard [of it], he departed thence by ship into a desert place apart: and when the people had heard [thereof], they followed him on foot out of the cities.
There is no difference. The Jesus of history is the Jesus of faith, and faith in him is not blind but based upon history.
Video answer: New testament quotations that follow the septuagintShouldn't the name jesus christ be jesus the christ?
That is a wonderful question, but the Bible does not use much punctuation, so in reality, speaking of the grammar, it is suppose to be written Jesus, Christ. not Jesus Christ. As many references in the KJV of the Bible, is Christ Jesus, written correctly Christ, Jesus, or Jesus, Christ. It is referring to Christ.
- Gospel of Jesus' Wife, recto. The Gospel of Jesus' Wife is a papyrus fragment with Coptic text that includes the words, "Jesus said to them, 'my wife...'". The text received widespread attention when first publicized in 2012 for the implication that some early Christians believed that Jesus was married.
Video answer: Was there a bc septuagint? part 3 of 5What is the difference between jesus and jesus christ?
There is no difference. Jesus is Jesus Christ. No, Christ is not His last name. Jesus was His earthly name, Christ is His heavenly name. That's why that you usually hear Jesus refered to as one of three things as far as names go: Jesus, Jesus Christ, and Christ Jesus.
- But most modern preachers teach that the gospel of Jesus Christ is about Jesus Christ. They claim that He is the Kingdom of God—that the gospel of the Kingdom refers exclusively to Him. But this is not what the Bible says! The gospel of Christ is His gospel — His message about the Kingdom of God! Messengers carry messages.
According to the synoptic gospels, there was no one of Jesus' acquaintance at the cross when he died. The Gospel According to St Mark says that women looked from afar off: among them, Mary. The Gospel According to St Matthew also says that women looked from afar off: among them, Mary and Mary Magdalene. Luke's Gospel says that those of his acquaintance stood afar off with the women. So only Luke has anyone nearby other than the women, and even then only afar off. The Gospel According to St John says that the mother of Jesus, her sister (also called Mary) and Mary Magdalene stood by the cross with the disciple whom he loved. The identity of this disciple has long been debated, but most Christians think that he was the disciple John.
Video answer: 6) the word for all ages: did jesus read from the septuagint in luke 4?What does the name jesus christ teach us about jesus?
The name Jesus means, "He will save his people: and the word Christ or messiah means he is the great deliever from God.
It was Peter who denied Jesus three times.
Peter was the first to voice outloud that Jesus was the Messiah.
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ begins with the truth that all your sins were forever forgiven by God on the Cross of Jesus Christ (Mark 3:28; Colossians 1:20; 2 Corinthians 5:19). Everyone, believers and unbelievers alike, is forgiven of every single sin, past, present, and future (1 John 2:2).
Jesus told his followers many stories. One of the is that of the tax collector and the Pharisee. The Pharisee was proud and looked down upon the tax collector as a sinner and the tax collector thought he was not worthy before God. At the end God was more pleased with the humbleness of the tax collector. The moral of the story is, if you put yourself above others, you will be put down. But if you humble yourself, you will be honored by God.
- The obvious answer to the question “Did Jesus Ever Argue Doctrine” is: Absolutely, yes. In fact, we see an example of this right from the text I just cited above from the Gospel of Mark, which is the end of a series of arguments Mark tells us Jesus had been having with Jewish religious leaders.
Assuming that water baptism is implied, no, there there is no record of Jesus baptising anyone. Jesus himself was baptized by John the baptist.
In Mark's Gospel, Jesus frequently complained because the disciples did not understand him.In Mark chapter 11, Jesus complained because a fig tree did not bear fruit out of season, and cursed the tree, which withered and died.Although the Gospel says that Jesus knew he was to be crucified, in Mark 15:34 his last words were a complaint against God, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"
Video answer: Was there a bc septuagint? part 2 of 5Did jesus ever repent?
- He does repent. No, he doesn't repent. And the difference would naturally be that God's repentance happens in spite of perfect foreknowledge - and that is what it means to be God - while most human repentance happens because we lack foreknowledge. God's way of repenting is unique to God.
Yes Jesus got angry when he saw the trading and animals in the temple.This is the only time the bible says he got angry.
According to the Bible, Jesus was baptized in the river Jordan by John the Baptist.